Spinal Confusion

...an attempt to clarify confusing and innacurate information in science articles

Friday, August 05, 2005

Charles Krauthammer Supports Reproductive Cloning?

Both in my writings and as a member of the President's Council on Bioethics, I have advocated this dual policy: Expand federal funding of stem cell research by using discarded embryos, but couple that with a firm national ban on creating human embryos for any purpose other than the birth of a human baby.
Ban creating human embryos, except for reproduction. I think this is a mis-print or typo.

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

At August 06, 2005 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steven I love your blog.

I think this was a misprint..but maybe not coming from this man.

 
At August 07, 2005 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No typo, I think he was referring to IVF.

 
At August 07, 2005 1:45 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Thanks anonymous.

Extremist, thanks. He probably was referring to IVF, but given the context of the argument, it would have been good to clarify what he was saying.

I wrote him at the provided email address for clarification and got this reply:

"Dr. Krauthammer is against research cloning. I’ve attached an article he wrote in The New Republic on his position."

Not quite what I was asking, but okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home